Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trike Trip 6-7-2010







Well hello everyone. We left Live Oak Monday morning (6-7-2010) on our trip. We had to go by and see Jonas before we left. I am going to MISS him so bad. (Yes girls I will miss ya'll too) I kept all my troubles in my head for hours even after leaving. Aunt Irene is still in the hospital and I am praying she will go home soon. I left my kids a few good deeds they have to do :), maybe they are not good deeds if I have to threaten them. ha Anyway I hope they/yes ya'll, will check on her for me. Of course I will be on the phone myself checking on her. We rode about 370 miles the first day. We camped the first night in Clanton, Ala. at Higgins Ferry Park. We were not really prepared to camp but we made the best of it. We did not bring towels so we had to use our shirts to dry off. We also did not have a blanket or pillow. I can say it was not the best night I have ever had. But we only spent $6.00 for the campspot. $$:) But now I know why most "tent" camping women look so ugly the next day. I didn't even have a mirror to put on my mascara.






We rode over 400 miles today (6-8-2010). This morning we ate breakfact at Kounty Kitchen (gee how many of these can we have in this country). It was pretty good and the people we real friendly. So friendly in fact that one may when he left gave me a fifty dollar bill. I was left with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. I am convinced that there are still good people left in this ole' world after all. :) Now if that would happen every day we would come out pretty good on this trip.



Tonight we are staying at Americas Best Value Inn, only $58.00 and thats a value. We ate at the Sawmeal Cafe. I was ready for a good cup of coffee, good food and cold air and they delivered. Now I am getting ready to go to bed with a blanket and a good fluffy pillow. Tonight will definetly be better. We are not giving up our tent camping though, we went to Wal Mart and got us a blanket and small towels for our next campground. Our trike is so packed out we had to figure out how to create some pillows out of plastic bags or something. OK keep logged in for our next days adventure. Oh, if we are tent camping we don't have electricity so I won't be blogging that night.... take care...st

No comments:

Post a Comment