Friday, June 18, 2010

Arches & Fins and Things trail 6-17-2010 Thursday



We went for breakfast at Jailhouse Cafe this morning and then went to Arches National Park.
I love this park but would like to spend a little more time here. I want to experience all of it, trails and every arch that's in it. As usual we didn't get to stay as long as I would have like. We hiked up to Delicate Arch, which for us is the "main" attraction. Delicate Arch is the most popular of the arches. You will see it on Utah licenses plates and was on the front of the atlas on year. The hike up is a grueling 1.5 mile hike up rocks and slickrock, but is definetlyl worth the trip. I think Jan and I have hiked it 5 times. We always want to go with people when its their first time. This time it was Jennifer Johnson's first time seeing it. So we went with her, Beth and Rebecca. There are so many more people going now that 5 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment