Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodbye California, hello Arizona, New Mexico, Texas



Well when we got to Needles it was 110 degrees, boy was it hot. We checked in and rested for a while. When we went to eat it was 117 degrees, wow, it was normal for this town it seems. We left the next morning and drove through Arizona. Well not without a hitch, Skip's Harley had a problem with the shifter so we had to make a pit stop for about an hour while they operated on it. Well the guys got it going, PTL. We skipped the Grand Canyon because we all had seen it before and drove on up the road.
I keep telling Jan that I will drive for a while but he won't let me...he doesn't want to sit in the seat behind me...lol.... Oh well, I guess I'll just keep riding and looking. I will say this is a wonderful view from the back of this goldwing. The seat is comfortable and the music is loud and I feel free and easy going down the road!!!
We stayed in a Navajo Hotel near Kayenta, Az. It was the most expensive room on the entire trip. It wasn't the nicest but not too bad really. We also had some authentic Navajo Fry bread. Jan already looked up the recipe so he can make us some. It was quite interesting eating in the restaurant with all the Navajo people. I think we were the only white people there, but that was fine, we had good food and good company. The next morning we were on our bikes by 6:30 am, this is the last day with Skip and Cheryl. When we got almost to Four-Corners Skip and Cheryl waved goodbye and went on their way back to Moab to get their truck and trailer and head home. They live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am sure we will get together again to ride. They are great people, we really like them, (Skip I have to say that, cause I know you will ready this) ha ha !! We enjoyed the ride!
Well Jan and I went on into New Mexico on a trail that we were familar with. The scenery is still beautiful and the weather was just right. We ate in Chama, NM at the High Country Restaurant. Ronnie and Molly were with us last time we ate there. It is a cool place to eat. From there we went on to Taos and stayed at the Indian Hills Inn. The inn was nice and we ate at Grahams, another one of our favorites. The weather gave us a scare on the way, thunder and lightning and Oh yes, it hailed on us again. I think this is the 3rd time we had hail on our heads. We got through it pretty quick.
We are in Texas now and it is getting hotter again. It was cool from Taos down to the Texas border. I can't believe I have been so cold this late in June. Well we want to get an early start tomorrow. Not much NEW to look at from here home. Keep us in your prayers. GOODNIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment