Wednesday, June 16, 2010

7 Mile Rim, Tusher Tunnel, Dead Horse Point, Long Canyon



We got up this morning and packed up our stuff so we could move to the Riverside Oasis Campground. Ronnie, Molly and Tyler left today headed home. I am disappointed they decided not to go on to California with us. I wanted Molly to see the west coast with me.
We met Beth, Beka and Jennifer at the campground and went to pick up our jeep. We headed out to tackled 7-mile rim trail. We had a few close calls, but of course that always makes it more exciting. I swear the jeep almost turned over, it was teeting on 2 wheels. Jan decided he would try backing up instead of going forward and that worked. My heart and knees went weak. When we stopped a little later I was still a little shakey. I got some pictures of the scenery, Beth got a couple of shots of one of the hills but they never do the steepness of the hill justice. You really have to experience the ride to get the thrill and know just how close you are to flipping or rolling over. We continued on to another trail when we came to the end of 7 Mile Rim. We went to Tusher Tunnel, went through it to the other side that opened up to a great view. Of course we take way too many pictures always trying to catch the right angle to bring it to life. After Tusher Tunnel we drove out to Deadhorse Point State Park overlook. This is also a great view of the rivers coming together. You are way up high looking down and the wind will blow you over. I was trying to take a picture of Beth and Jen and it blew me backwards. When we left the over look we went on another trail called Long Canyon. This trail has the big rock across the road that you have to go under. This rock has been in the jeep commercials. It's pretty cool.
We finished the trail and pulled out on the highway and got a picture of Jughandle arch. We headed back into town and met Cheryl and Skip at Zak's for stone fired pizza. Skip and Cheryl are our friends that are going to California with us. We met them last year when we rode our bikes up in the mountains near Pigeon Forge.
Last night we ate at Red Cliff Ranch with the girls and Molly, Ronnie and Tyler. I should of wrote about that first but forgot. We also went out to watch a sunset. Molly & I really like to see sunsets and you have to travel a ways out of Moab to see one. Moab is almost completely surrounded by hugh red rock walls. OK I am sure I probably forgot something but I really need to go to sleep. The wind is blowing really hard and we are under a severe weather alert tonight. Beka just came over and wanted to make sure we would save them if the wind blew their cabin down.

No comments:

Post a Comment