Thursday, August 31, 2017

On The Road Again

Well we finished our "bucket list" for this trip so we are making our way back to Minnesota.  We trailered our trike up to our friends house in Spring Lake Park, so now we are on our way back.  We left Glacier N P on Hwy 2 and actually stayed on that road all the way across Montana and North Dakota.  We were in the grain field states again, and the oil field state.  I was amazed at all the industry in North Dakota, lots and lots of oil and grain.   It's hard to believe a state that has -50 degrees in the winter can be so green and productive in the summer.  ND is truly a beautiful state.  But All these plain states have high winds and that's a killer day on the back of the trike.  I literally have to hold on to my helmet to keep my head on.😮  We drove around 400 miles(a day) the last couple of days and stopped for the night.  Into Minnesota we were still on highway 2 and it's still windy.  We stopped for breakfast this morning in Devils Lake ND.  We asked them for walleye (a northeastern fish) and they fried it up for us.  ðŸ˜‹ðŸ˜‹ The server said she couldn't remember anyone having eggs with them before, then said, there's a first time for everything.  We couldn't have grits though, NO GRITS around these parts.  Kinda strange they grow so much grain and no one eats grits.
Did I say before how many ducks there are in these lakes and ponds..hundreds in every lake.
Also today we crossed the Mississippi River, (just a stream) we were at Itasca State Park where The Mighty Mississippi River begins.  We went there last year, pictures on facebook or Instagram from last years trip.   I hope to go back on The Great River Road for a while and try to see more Bald 🦅 🦅 Eagles.  I haven't got to see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) and I'm sad about that.  One day I hope to see them.  I plan on adding some captions on some of the pictures when I get to my laptop.  Will add pictures from my phone. Forgive blurred ones..my phone pics are hard to see they are so small when adding them.








No comments:

Post a Comment