Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Banff and Yoho National Parks.

Well I'm worn out from all the sites today.   Left this morning for a busy day...stopped in Banff, which is only @15 miles from where we are staying.  I would say Kilometers but can't always remember the  conversion.  We ate in this really nice restaurant in Banff.  The food and server were amazing. I'll try to get a picture of the food on here as well as the restaurant.  I have to post on the iPad and then add pictures from my phone.  Yeah, I wish I could just do this all on the iPad, but I'm doing what works.  We are paying with our credit cards because we don't have Canadian money, then the credit card companies does the conversion..
Then we headed out for Lake Louise and Lake Moraine.  They have limited parking and will start turning people away to go park in the overflow and you then ride a shuttle in.  I was hoping that we could get in and YAY!  We did.  The motorcycles are smaller so they get a little special treatment.  I thank GOD every time.  We only had to walk a few hundred feet to the lake outlook, of course with a few hundred others...so crowded.   The lake was beautiful, I only wished we were prepared to kayak and spend hours out on the water.  Lots of people brought their own kayak and put it right on in.  You probably have to have a special permit, they also rent them there..  Lots of people were out on the water.  I'll post pictures, I'll try to caption. From there we took off to Lake Moraine back down the road a bit from Lake Louise.  We were blessed again to have them move the cones and let us go right on in when they were turning cars away.  Lake Moraine has a smaller parking lot so not as many get in with their vehicle, have to shuttle.  It is a beautiful drive in and the lake is really beautiful as well.  Took lots of pictures.  I will post those and continue with the rest of our day tomorrow which has an AMAZING waterfall.














No comments:

Post a Comment