Monday, August 21, 2017

Saskatchewan Canada Adventure

Yesterday was like being back in Kansas US. We have been through Kansas several times on the motorcycle and each time I say I never want to go that way again.  The wind is so bad it beats you so bad.  Well yesterday's ride through Saskatchewan was just that way.  The land was flat and planted in grain, you could of mistaken it for Kansas if you didn't know better..   I think they grow grain for the entire planet.  Theses people are SERIOUS about grain.  There are huge grain bins everywhere , I mean there could be 25-30 in a row.   I believe the entire way across the province was wheat.  In the city of Weyburn they have huge iron sculptures of wheat.  I saw tons of ducks, in every body of water there were hundreds of ducks.  I guess the north is filled with ducks and birds, The Robertsons, Willie, Phil and Si should come up here to hunt.  Another thing is how much vegetation there is, I mean for months this place is covered in snow and ice and to have all these greens plants and grass, bushes and flowers they must grow real fast.  I am amazed..  It was 49 degrees when we pulled out from the hotel and cloudy, I was chilly but it did warm up and the sun finally decided to shine and soon we had to shed some clothes.  We made it to Alberta after around 350 miles or so...we found our Super 8 and got settled in.   Today we plan on getting to Canmore, near Banff. YAY!!   It is 56 degrees this morning.  Not bad.  Will try to get pics on here....oh I forgot about the salt or mineral ponds we saw, they will be the real white bodies of water.  We also saw antelope yesterday.  The dish of French fries and gravy is a Canadian dish called poutine.  Have to try the country's food....yum











No comments:

Post a Comment