Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oklahoma continued on to New Mexico

Well we left Stillwater Wednesday morning bright and early to get miles in before the heat kicked in big time. We were on highway 51 a long ways then 412/56. Roads were good, weather was dry and cool. The panhandle of Oklahoma is kinda of desolate, lots of wide open space. We made good time. For once I can say the wind wasn't too bad. There has been times when it about blew my helmet off and gave me whiplash. I had been dreading Oklahoma for that reason but it was actually nice.
We stopped once just to stretch and look at the map and some guy in a work truck stopped to chat. The conversation usually starts with motorcycles and where you're headed so when we tell him we are going to Pagosa Springs he says "oh man I can't go there" of course Jan being a man, he ignores the comment and me being a woman, I have to ask, Why not ? ( I knew he wanted me to ask him, why else would he have said that...). So then he proceeded to tell us how his old girlfriend lives in Pagosa Springs and how jealous his wife was of just that one girlfriend... Isn't it amazing what complete strangers will share with you. :).
We crossed into New Mexico,gassed up again and decided to go a little further down the road. After all it wasn't raining, wasn't too hot and we still had daylight. We spent the night in Raton, NM.

No comments:

Post a Comment