Saturday, July 14, 2012

Almost there! Yay!

We have covered over 1500 miles with about 220 to go, we're feeling pretty good.
Get up Thursday morning with Starbucks on the brain. The coffee in the hotel was like hot brown water so we're looking forward to a good strong brew. I had found a Starbucks on my phone map the night before and it was just at the next town. I looked for it again to get exact directions and NOW it wasn't showing one for another 100 miles...NO that can't be right I KNOW it was there, right there on my phone. Well we're getting close to the town and I'm starting to get panicky so I start craning my neck trying to find that Starbucks symbol and I spot a Savealot grocery store and something clicks in my brain and I remember that the map did have Savelot..Starbucks when it found it the night before, so I start hitting Jan on the back saying get off NOW! We manage to find our way back to the Savealot and sure enough there was that wonderful symbol in their window. ???? Don't ask me why no maps showed it that morning when it did the night before. (trying me make me think I was crazy or something). Well we relaxed and had our Starbucks, climbed back on the bike ready to tackle Wolf Creek Pass.
Colorado is a beautiful state and highway 160 from Alamosa to Pagosa Springs is truly a scenic highway with the tall rock walls, evergreen trees and rushing waters of the mountain stream. I had plenty to look at so the time went quickly by. We checked in at WYNDHAM Pagosa about 1:45 on Thursday the 12 th. So glad to be here for a few days. Continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment