Monday, July 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We left Opelousas the next (this was on Friday,the 1st) morning bight and early and drove in dry weather most all day. We crossed a lot of bridges today and made it into Mississippi. I had to go look at the beach to see if I could spot any oil. We saw workers along the beach every couple of miles. Some were just sitting around others may have a shovel scooping up stuff and putting it in plastic bags. I finally convinced Jan to let me go talk to them and see if they were getting any oil balls. Well I did see one and when I touched it one of the guys kinda startled me "don't touch it" he said, after I had already touched it.. I said why, "it's toxic" he says, I said, oh its ok its not going to hurt me. I had already seen people swimming in the ocean and now these workes had to wear all these white suites and wear protective gloves and stuff so they wouldn't get toxic from the oil. Hello, why are they letting people swim in it if its so toxic??
We ended up staying in Tallahassee the last night of our trip, we really tried had to make it on home but we lost and hour in time and we had gone over 500 miles that day. I had to make Jan stop, he was like a horse headed for the barn. I told him NO, I am tired and hungry lets stop, so he agreed it was the safe thing to do. We would have had to travel at night and there was some stormy looking clouds building. We got up early the next morning, ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and headed home to see Jonas, and everyone else.:) Its good to be home. We came to the house for about an hour and went to the rive for the 4th. January, Patrick, Jonas and Beka came down and we all ate boiled peanuts, corn, hotdogs, watermelon and lots of junk... We missed the fireworks in Branford because we thought they were on the 4th, not the 3rd. Oh well, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment