Saturday, September 15, 2018

Today's Ride Saturday 9-15-18

We left Montrose this morning and rode into Grand Junction, on the way to Colorado National Monument.   We stopped for coffee and breakfast at a little cafe on the way, Trailhead Cafe, I think was the name of it.   I had the quiche and Jan had a breakfast bowl.   We left and rode through
the monument and then decided to take another route hwy 141 to Naturita on then on to Ridgeway.
So we rode through another really beautiful area on this route.   A mixture of mountains, color,
streams, into RED ROCK,  I thought I was in Moab, but wasn't.   The red rock cliffs and mountains are my favorite and this route was almost in Utah but not legitimately, just in landscape.  Anyway
I got my satisfaction for the red rock landscape and now I'm content to head home.   We couldn't find a place to stay in Moab so I had been disappointed that we wasn't going to see all that.  We rode almost 200 miles and finally made it to Ridgeway and ate at The True Grit Restaurant.   John Wayne's namesake.   I really loved John Wayne, he was one of the best...   We ate and drove 26 more miles back to our hotel, Days Inn, in Montrose.    We are tired and ready for rest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment