Sunday, July 6, 2014

2014 Trike trip continued


Ok we woke up June 23 in Red Lodge Montana at The Pollard Hotel.  Went down to the dining room for breakfast.  It was very nice and well served.  Jed came by again to check on us and make sure all was well.   Afterward we suited up in all our warm gear and headed for Bear Tooth Highway.  We stopped at the sign to get our usual picture 
This has been a long planned trip so we have to have our memories.  Anyway as old as we are getting we have to have these pictures to remember stuff.  I also lost one of my gloves at the sign stop which really made me upset.  The gloves were the kind that had special fingertips that allowed you use your phone.  They were also a gift from my daughter.   So I really hated losing one glove.  Oh well, we were miles on the highway before I realized I had lost it.  The views from the pass were beautiful and COLD.  I asked why does all the pretty territory exist in cold country.  It was 104  degrees in Live Oak and I was freezing in Montana.  
We stopped at a few places and just took in the beauty of the place.  It was a great ride, I just wish it was warmer. I am a hot weather person and want my shorts and flip flops.   We finished up Beartooth Highway Pass with Skip and Cheryl in the lead and headed into Yellowstone. We passed into one of the North entrances of Yellowstone and managed to see a good portion of
Yellowstone, three bears, tons of buffalo and a few deer.  We have all toured there so didn't spend a lot of time site seeing.  We were trying to get to the west entrance to hear through Idaho and up to Coeur D Alene, a place that was recommend to Skip.  The drive through Idaho was awesome.  
On a couple of differet times we passed portable coffee shops and took a stretch and enjoyed a hot drink 
Cheryl loves her coffee and I'm right there with her.   Always ready to stop for a hot drink.   On to Coeur D Alene and the sites awaiting. The lake was huge and the entire drive up was beside the lake.  A pretty drive. 
Went to find something to eat after getting checked into our hotel.  There were a million people in this town and many were really strange. We found a restaurant and our waitress had several piercings on her face but she did get her job done.  We people watched while we ate and saw lots of "different" people. 
Well you can't read a book by it's cover so I'm not judging.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment